MBS FileMaker Plugin - LibXL
LibXL is an independent product for reading/writing Excel files for crossplatform projects.
MBS Plugins can use LibXL to provide Excel file handling functions.
Documentation: XL Functions in MBS FileMaker Plugin.
- Read And Write Excel Files With FileMaker (PDF)
- LibXL for FileMaker with extras (PDF)
- Use formatted text in Excel files with FileMaker and LibXL (PDF)
- How to use XL functions with MBS FileMaker Plugin (PDF)
- New column names in an Excel document (PDF)
Order LibXL License for MBS Plugin
Please order licenses for the platforms you use.
|Library for Excel functions||Price Euro||Price USD|
|LibXL macOS||199 €||about $239||Order||Update|
|LibXL Windows||199 €||about $239||Order||Update|
|LibXL Linux||199 €||about $239||Order||Update|
|LibXL iOS||199 €||about $239||Order||Update|
|LibXL Enterprise||1099 €||about $1399||Order||Update|
|LibXL Enterprise + Source||2499 €||about $2999||Order||Update|
Linux is the platform for FileMaker Cloud for AWS. iOS version is for use with FileMaker iOS SDK. It won't work with FileMaker Go directly, but FileMaker Go can use Perform Script on Server.
The enterprise license covers:
- Multiple developers.
- Multiple server license.
- Windows, Linux, Mac, and iOS platforms.
- Priority technical support by LibXL support team.
If you buy through those links above, we receive a commission and get notified about your purchase, so we can email you instructions for Xojo/FileMaker and provide assistance if needed.
Direct reading and writing Excel files
LibXL is a library that can read and write Excel files. It doesn't require Microsoft Excel and .NET framework, combines an easy to use and powerful features. Library can be used to
- Generate a new spreadsheet from scratch
- Extract data from an existing spreadsheet
- Edit an existing spreadsheet
Simple interoperate, no more Excel dependency
LibXL has C/C++ headers, Delphi unit and .NET assembly for including in your project. No OLE automation.
Customizing the look and feel
LibXL supports numerous formatting options: alignments, borders, colors, fill patterns, fonts, merging cells and so on. alignments, borders, colors, fonts.
Writing speed is about 2 100 000 cells per second for numbers and 240 000 cells per second for 8-character random strings in binary xls format (CPU 3.2 GHz).
Royalty-free distribution with your application
Our customers can use this library in their commercial applications without any additional fees.
Version 13.1 - 7th March 2023
- Added 45 new functions for XL functions to work on form controls and XL.Sheet.FormControlCount function.
- Added XL.Book.IsWriteProtected, XL.Sheet.DefaultRowHeight, XL.Sheet.GetTabColor, XL.Sheet.GetTabColorRGB and XL.Sheet.SetDefaultRowHeight functions.
- Added XL.Sheet.AddSelectionRange, XL.Sheet.GetActiveCell, XL.Sheet.RemoveSelection, XL.Sheet.SelectionRange and XL.Sheet.SetActiveCell functions.
- Updated LibXL to version 4.1.
Version 13.0 - 17th January 2023
- Added XL.List function.
- Added XL.Sheet.ReadCellsAsMatrix function to copy cell values into a new matrix.
- Fixed a problem with XL.Book.AddSheet function not passing correct name each time.
- Fixed XL.Sheet.SetColumn and XL.Sheet.SetRow to better.
- Changed minimum iOS version for deployment to iOS 12.0.
- Updated for Claris Pro v40.1.
- Updated Xcode to version 14.2.
Version 12.5 - 8th November 2022
- Fixed a but in XL.CopySheet, where it failed if the sheet didn't have a name.
- Fixed XL.Format.SetNumFormat and related functions to not crash if you pass an invalid format number.
Version 12.3 - 12th July 2022
- Updated LibXL to version 4.0.4.
Version 12.2 - 17th May 2022
- Fixed issue with XL.Sheet.CellWriteText to allow you to pass empty value to not change format.
Version 12.1 - 15th March 2022
- Fixed parameters for XL.Sheet.AutoFilter.SetCustomFilter and XL.Sheet.AutoFilter.GetCustomFilter.
Version 12.0 - 18th January 2022
- Updated LibXL to version 4.0.1.