The MBS Xojo (Real Studio) AVFoundation Plugin
The plugin for Apple's AVFoundation framework. Record, load and edit assets, export and convert, play and extract. The preferred framework for audio and video on Mac OS X.
|MBS AVFoundation Plugin.pdf||4.1M|
|MBS AVFoundation Plugin.zip||21M|
|MBS AVFoundation Plugin.dmg||22M|
You can order a license here: Order
This plugin part is included if you buy a Complete set license.
The MBS plugin covers the whole AVFoundation framework.
- Full coverage of framework in plugin.
- Provides all blocks as events in central AVFoundationMBS class.
- All callbacks are scheduled to run on main thread as Xojo runtime is not reentrant safe.
- Plugin allows use of Memoryblocks, Folderitem, Dictionary and other Xojo classes and maps internally to Cocoa classes.
- Plugin adds convenience functions and methods, e.g. saving images in background to disk.
- All events can pass a tag value, e.g. a number, object or string. This way you can pass a reference value into event code and know which item caused event.
- Plugin performs optionally conversion of still images to JPEG on the helper thread, so it does not block main thread.
- Access to underlaying AVPlayer object for MoviePlayer control.
- Access to underlaying AVAsset object for Movie class.
See also AV Foundation Framework Reference on Apple website.
Some classes in this plugin can only be used if you also install/license the Cocoa, Leopard and MacOSX plugins.
MBS FileMaker tutorial videos